Updates.....

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Thursday 11 December 2008

"In the Land of the Christmas Cracker" by Eleanor F, Age 7, Year 3

**********************

In The Land Of The Christmas Cracker


One night I stared out of the misty window watching snow fall down and lights flicker in the distance. Grandma and granddad sat eating their meal. Mother and papa stood in the kitchen fussing about presents while Billy sat on the red carpet in the living room playing with cars. I sat there looking at frozen over lakes and houses getting whiter and whiter every second. Billy then screamed “POST” Timmy our pet dog ran up to the post picked it up and came running to me immediately and dropped it front of me. I picked it up and here was what it said:

Dear Abbey and Billy

Merry nothing Christmas has been ruined by evil Jack Frost and his slave goblins. I myself gives you my dearest love and courage to let you go on a powerful journey with a friend and of course Billy to the land of the Christmas cracker and defeat the evil goblins.

Dearest Love

Santa

I sat there amazed at the letter that had just passed my eyes. I was silent until a thrash of reins outside broke it and little light could be seen through the thin white curtain that surrounded my body. I got paler and paler at the sight and passed into a deep sleep.

I was awoken by a soft hand that felt like velvet and a little “Hello”. I saw two people quite a thin person very short as well standing by my bed. “Who are you anyway? I’m Abbey”. I could make the shape of one person my brother but who was the other figure?

By Eleanor F (aka Ellie)
Age 7
Year 3

*********************

No comments: