Updates.....

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Saturday 6 December 2008

"The Mistletoe" by Elizabeth F, Age 10, Year 6


The Mistletoe

Before Christmas, most of us usually put up Christmas decorations. One of my most favourite decorations is the mistletoe. You hang it up in a door and wait until, one boy and one girl to go under … and they have to kiss! How romantic!

It was finally Christmas, and we were putting up the decorations for a party. Everyone was coming. Aunt, Uncle, friend, including my crush!

While we putting up the tree, I saw a funny looking box, with sparkly thingies in it. I thought to myself, shall I poke my nose into other peoples’ things? Of course, I knew what the answer was. Yes!

As my Nan says, the best things are at the bottom. I dug myself deeper and deeper; my eyes came to glance upon a plastic piece of … mistletoe. Then an idea went through one ear, but not out of the other.

I hung it by the front door. Perfect, I thought to myself. Really mischievous! Mum was calling to me. By the time I had got to her, I had completely forgotten about the mistletoe.

Ding Dong! Dong Ding! The first guest. [Bet you can’t guess who it is!] I opened the door. I did get a surprise then! My crush had come. I remembered… Oh no, the mistletoe! I looked up at the same time as him. I blushed a vibrant, bright red. So did he .

He lurched forward and gave me a great, big kiss on the cheek.
I will never try to pull a prank, for as long as I live!

By Elizabeth F
Age 10
Year 6
-------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brill'!!!
Brandon H, 6KR, Robartes junior school